While you’re in the midst of getting your placenta encapsulated, you have a great opportunity to find out more about newborn care and the postpartum period in general, from your Northeast Doulas Postpartum Placenta Specialist.
Asking your specialist some postpartum questions can help ease your mind as you navigate your road to recovery and new parenthood. Remember that your specialist is an expert in her field and can give you some great tips as well as affirm that your intuition is leading you in the right direction.
Wondering if the type of questions you have are appropriate to ask her? Don't worry, you can be sure that there is no question too messy or too awkward to ask your encapsulator.
Although you have the option to sit in while your placenta is being processed, if you prefer not to, we still encourage you to utilize your Postpartum Placenta Specialist as a preferred resource.
It's like having Google right there in your kitchen!
Take advantage. Sit with her. Pick her brain!
Here are just some of the questions that have been asked of our Postpartum Placenta Specialists, to give you an idea of how valuable it is to have our experts in your home during the early postpartum days!
1. Why am I constantly sweating at night? Is this normal?
2. Is my baby overheating? How can I tell?
3. When will my baby’s umbilical cord fall off?
4. My baby sleeps a lot. How long should babies sleep during the day?
5. Why do you steam the placenta as part of the encapsulation process?
6. When will my stitches from birth dissolve?
8. My baby doesn’t burp very often. How long should you burp your baby after feeding?
9. I’m so thirsty while breastfeeding. Why?
10. When will my postpartum bleeding stop?
Asking newborn and postpartum questions and voicing your concerns with your postpartum placenta encapsulator can give you a little extra peace of mind. Our encapsulators are expecting your questions! Making a list of questions, as they arise to ask your encapsulator before she arrives will ensure you get all the answers you are looking for.
Your placenta encapsulator and your postpartum doula are there to fill in the gaps, answer your questions and provide you with the physical, emotional and educational support you seek in your first few weeks as parents.
Schedule this amazing service today!